Q. How do install the 9V battery?
A. – Before installing or changing the battery make sure that the telephone is not connected to the telephone network or the mains power supply. – Install a new 9 volt alkaline battery. – Replace the battery door.
Q. How do I set the product up?
A. – Connect one end of the phone line cord to the back of the unit (1) and the other end to the double adaptor plug.
– Plug the double adaptor into the telephone wall socket.
– Connect the AC adaptor to the socket (4) on the back of the unit.
– Plug the AC adaptor to the power socket on the wall.
– Plug in the shaker to the back of the unit.
Q. How do I set the time?
A. – Press and hold (set clock) button.
– Press H (hour) and M (minute) until correct hour and minutes appear on the display.
– Release (set clock) button.
– For p.m. hours, the p.m. indicator will appear on the display near the inscription PM.
Q. How do I set the alarm time?
A. – Press and hold (set alarm) button.
– Press H (hour) or M (minute) until correct hour and minutes appear on the display.
– Release (set alarm) button.
– Press (set alarm), H and M to reset the alarm clock to 12.
Q. How do I switch the alarm off?
A. Press the alarm off button (OFF), the alarm will them operate at the same time the next day. The alarm if not switched off will continue to sound for up to 2 hours and then be automatically switched off.
Q. How do I use this model with my telephone?
A. Ensure that your telephone is connected to the WNS1 as shown in the installation section. Select the ringer On/Off switch on the A+T or T position for the ring. Choose which of the alarm modes you wish to alert you of your incoming telephone calls (see page 5: V, V+S, S+F or F+V) When the alarm mode selected indicates there is an incoming telephone call, lift the telephone handset and answer the call. When you have finished the call replace the handset and the alarm will be ready to indicate the next call.
Q. How do I clean and care for this product?
A. The surface of the case can be cleaned with a dry, soft, lint-free cloth. Never use cleaning agents,particularly aggressive solvents. Apart from occasional cleaning of the case, no other care is necessary. The rubber feet on the base are not resistant to all cleaning agents. The rubber feet do not normally leave any marks on the surface. However, on account of the multitude of varnishes and surface finishes used, surface marks caused by the feet of the unit cannot be ruled out.