- 2.4” colour LCD display
- Room temperature monitor
- Parent talk back
- 5 soothing lullabies
- Vibrating alert
- Digital pan-tilt and zoom
- Baby friendly night vision
- 5 soothing polyphonic lullabies
- Soft comforting night light
- High quality frame rate (25fps)
- Multi-camera capable (up to 4 units)
- Wall mountable
- Digital volume control
- Out of range/battery low warning
- Power failure battery backup (requires 4 x AAA batteries not included)
- Up to 8hrs battery life (with VOX turned on)
- Multi-camera capable up to 4 units. Additional cameras sold separately (camera SKU CU850PT or CU710)
Secure710 2.4″ Digital Video Baby Monitor
Keep a careful eye on your baby, night and day, from anywhere in your home with Oricom’s Premium Digital Video Baby monitor.
The Oricom SC710 boasts a large 2.4″ Colour LCD display, infrared night vision, temperature monitoring and is multi-camera capable so you can connect up to four cameras.
Oricom Baby monitors give you the peace of mind and freedom to get on with other things around the home.
Multi-camera capable, up to 4 cameras, sold separately (SC710 or CU850PT)
Q: My SC710 keeps showing ‘Out of Range’ or the picture is ‘frozen’. How do I fix this?
A: The most likely reason for receiving the out of range alert, frozen picture or limited range on your baby monitor is frequency congestion. If this is the cause, resetting your monitor will avoid busy channels.
1) Turn both Camera and Parent units off and remove the battery in the parent unit. Leave unplugged for 1 minute.
2) If you have Wi-Fi in the home, make it busy by streaming a video on YouTube or similar.
3) Turn the camera back on wait for 30 seconds.
4) Ensure the antenna on both the parent unit and camera unit is in the vertical position.
5) Plug the battery into the parent unit and turn on.
If the display is still showing “Out of Range” please relink the units as instructed in the user guide. When relinking it is best to keep the camera and parent units close together (within 1m) and keep clear of all other electronic devices including mobile phones, tablets or computers.
Q: How do I register a new camera unit?
1) Switch on the parent unit.
2) Press and hold the camera button on the parent unit.
3) After registration icon appears, press the arrow up or arrow down button to select the camera channel [C1] or [C2] or [C3] or [C4] that you want the camera unit to pair with.
4) Press and release the menu key (magnifying glass) to confirm camera number registration.
5) Switch the camera unit ON. Press the pair key once (at the back of the camera unit).
6) If registration is successful, camera video appears on parent unit screen.
7) If the registration time is expired or registration fails, [Out of Range] appears on the LCD.
Q: How many cameras can I connect to the one parent unit?
A: The SC710 can connect up to 4 camera units (CU710) to the one parent unit. The original unit is supplied with one camera. Additional cameras can be purchased from our online store or from your local baby store. Note: The SC710 can connect to both CU710 and CU850PT Motorised Pan-tilt camera units.
Q: The amber light stays illuminated on my parent unit even when finished charging.
A: That’s ok. The amber light indicates that power is being supplied to the cradle. Even when the battery is fully charged, the amber light will stay on.
Q: I don’t seem to be getting the best possible range from my unit.
A: To get the optimum range from your SC710, extend both the antenna on the camera unit and the antenna on the parent unit vertically, so they point straight up. Keep in mind that doors, walls and electrical equipment can reduce the range of your unit.
Q: When I put my monitor on ‘scan’, the cameras continue to say, “out of range”, but they work singularly. What is the problem?
A: Ensure your cameras are selected to be in the scan sequence. You can check this by pressing the camera button to display each camera. Each camera number should have a tick mark against it. If it has a cross, simply press the up or down volume key to change it to a tick. This will include that camera number in the scan sequence.
Q: My parent unit screen goes blank after 10 seconds.
A: This may be as a result of the VOX (sound detection) setting. The screen will turn off when no sound is detected, but will reactivate when the sound threshold reaches a set level, or when any button on the parent unit is pressed. The VOX setting can be activated or deactivated via the menu key.
Q: How long should my battery last?
A: Depending on the usage of the monitor, the parent unit will work for up to 8 hours on a brand new, fully charged battery with the VOX feature turned on. When the battery level becomes low, the amber power LED will flash slowly. At this point you will need to return the parent unit to the charger. Over time your battery life may become shorter. When the battery life is no longer suitable, we suggest you replace your battery. These can be purchased from our online store.
Q: My screen is showing in black and white, not colour. What has happened?
A: The camera has high-intensity infrared LEDs for picking up clear images in the dark. When the built in photo sensor detects a low level of ambient light, the LEDs will automatically activate and the screen on the parent unit will display in black and white.
Q: What are the lullabies on this unit?
A: 1- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
2- Silent Night
3- Minuet in G Major
4- Londonderry Air 4
5- Blue Danube
Q: My Monitor is telling me the temperature is 3 to 4 degrees higher than the room temperature?
A: The sensor on the back of the baby unit should be positioned as far away from the monitor as possible in a horizontal direction. There should be some airflow around the sensor to allow the temperature of the room to be measured the tolerance of the displayed temperature is + or -2 degrees C
Q: On my SC710 screen I am seeing HI/LO flashing indicator, but, I have temperature warnings Off. Is this normal?
A: Even with the temperature warning alarm turned off, the indicator icon for Low or High temp will still flash, Hi will flash when the temperature is over 30 degrees C, Lo will flash when the temp is below 16 degrees C, however the audible alarm will not indicate with temp warning off.
This is simply an additional feature that gives an indication of hi/lo temperature, without the alarm function.
Q: What is the Scan Mode?
A: When multiple cameras are registered to the parent unit, the scan mode will cycle through each camera, displaying the image for 10 seconds. The audio for the associated image will be played, i.e. if camera 1 image is displayed, you will receive the audio for camera 1. The parent unit will continue to scan through all cameras connected. If you need to view a camera for more than 10 seconds, deactivate the scan mode.
Q: Why is there an X next to my camera?
A: the camera has been temporally disabled.
To resolve this press & release the camera button until it shows the camera that is showing the X.
Press & release the arrow up button, this will then show a tick & reconnect.