- 1 watt transmit power
- 80 channels*
- Up to 7km range
- FM Radio
- Backlit display
- Monitor feature
- Channel busy indicator
- Channel scan
- Automatic squelch control
- Duplex (Range Extender)
- Keypad lock
- Call tone alert
- Mirco USB jack for charging
2 x PMR1295 handsets
2 x Car chargers
2 x USB Cables
1 x Power adaptor with Y cable
2 x Belt clips
Q. How do I install the batteries?
A. Observe the proper battery polarity orientation when installing batteries. Incorrect positioning can damage both the batteries and the unit.
a. Slide down the Battery Compartment Cover.
b. Install the Rechargeable batteries (supplied) or Alkaline batteries (not supplied) by following the orientation as shown in Figure 3.
c. Replace the Battery Compartment Cover.
Q. How do I charge the batteries using the charging pod?
A. 1. Insert the small plug in the end of the mains adaptor into the Power-in Connection Jack at the back of the desktop charger.
2. Plug the mains adaptor into a 230V AC, 50Hz mains socket with the switch on the socket set to OFF.
3. Switch ON the mains socket. The radio must be charged using the mains adaptor provided. Using any other adaptor will invalidate any approvals & warranty.
4. Place the radio units in the charge cradle in an upright position and facing outward. The Charge LED indicators will light up.
5. It takes about 10 hours to fully recharge the batteries if the batteries are completely
Q. How do I charge the batteries using the USB adaptor?
A. 1. Lift the charge socket cover located on the right side of the handset.
2. Insert the USB connector of the 5VDC/600mA adaptor into the charge jack.
3. Plug the mains adaptor into a 230V AC,50Hz mains socket with the switch on the socket set to Off.
4 Use only the power supply provided.
5. Switch ON the mains socket. The radio must be charged using the mains adaptor provided. Using any other adaptor will invalidate any approvals & warranty.
Q. How do I switch the radio on?
A. To Turn ON; a. Press and hold the POWER button until the LCD screen turns ON and displays the current channel. To switch OFF; b. Press and hold the POWER button until the LCD screen turns blank.
Q. How do I change the channel on the radio?
A. The PMR1290 or PMR1295 has 77 available channels, to communicate with other radios, you must have your radio tuned to the same channel.
1. Press the MENU button once, the current channel number flashes on the LCD Screen.
2. Press the UP or DOWN button to select the desired channel. The channel changes from 1 to 80, or vice versa. c. Press the PTT button to confirm the channel setting.
Q. How do I activate the FM Radio?
A. While in standby mode briefly, press and release the power button, FM Frequency will display in the LCD screen. Press UP or DOWN button To adjust the FM frequency channel. Press and release the Power button to go back to PMR frequency mode.
Q. Is this radio suitable for use outside of Australia?
A. All Oricom products are approved for use in Australia and NZ only, and although they will still work in other countries, they may not meet that countries requirement’s for voltage, operating frequencies or power RF levels and if used may interfere with other services which could attract penalties from the local administration authorities.