1. Express Warranty (Australia)
(a) This Express Warranty is provided by Oricom International Pty Ltd ABN 46 086116 369, Unit 1, 4 Sovereign Place, South Windsor NSW 2756, herein after referred to as “Oricom”.
(b) Oricom products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
(c) Oricom warrants that the product is free from defects in materials or workmanship during the Express Warranty Period. This Express Warranty does not extend to any product from which the serial number has been removed or was purchased outside of Australia.
(d) Nothing in this Express Warranty excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, guarantee, implied term, right or remedy pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law and which may not be so excluded, restricted or modified. For such conditions, terms, guarantees and warranties that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified, Oricom limits the remedies available to extent permitted in the relevant legislation.
(e) The Express Warranty Period will be the applicable product category Warranty Period (stated above) from the date of purchase of the product evidenced by your dated sales receipt. You are required to provide proof of purchase as a condition of receiving Express Warranty services.
(f) You are entitled to a replacement product or repair of the product at our discretion according to the terms and conditions of this document if your product is found to be faulty within the Express Warranty Period. This Express Warranty extends to the original purchaser only and is not transferable.
(g) Products distributed by Oricom are manufactured using new materials or new and used materials equivalent to new in performance and reliability. Spare parts may be new or equivalent to new. Spare parts are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for thirty (30) days or for the remainder of the Express Warranty Period of the Oricom branded product in which they are installed, whichever is longer. During the Express Warranty Period, Oricom will where possible repair and if not replace the faulty product or part thereof. All component parts removed under this Express Warranty become the property of Oricom. In the unlikely event that your Oricom product has a recurring failure, Oricom may always, subject to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, at its discretion, elect to provide you with a replacement product of its choosing that is at least equivalent to your product in performance.
(h) No change to the conditions of this Express Warranty is valid unless it is made in writing and signed by an authorised representative of Oricom.
(i) Oricom will not be liable under this Express Warranty, and to the extent permitted by law will not be liable for any defect, loss, damage or injury arising out of or in connection with a:
• failure by you to adhere to the warnings and follow the instructions set out in this user guide for the proper installation and use of the product;
• wilful misconduct or deliberate misuse by you of the product;
• any external cause beyond our control, including but not limited to power failure, lightning or over voltage; or
• modification to the product or services carried out on the product by anyone other than Oricom or Oricom’s authorised service provider.
2. How to make a claim under your Express Warranty in Australia
(a) Oricom has a simple warranty process for you to follow:
• Please call or email our Customer Support Team, 1300 889 785 or 02 4574 8888 (AU) or 0800 674 266 (NZ), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A Customer Support Team member will verify after troubleshooting with you if your product qualifies under warranty. If so, they will give you a Product Return Authorisation number.
• We will then email or fax a Return Authorisation form and a Repair Notice (if necessary), together with instructions on how to return the goods for warranty service.
Please note that if a Customer Support Team member advises that your product does not qualify for return, this warranty does not apply to your product. Products that are authorised to be returned to Oricom in Australia must include all of the following:
• A completed Return Authorisation form
• A copy of your Proof of Purchase (please keep your original copy)
• The faulty product, including all accessories.
Send the approved returns to:
Oricom International Pty Ltd
Locked Bag 658
South Windsor NSW 2756 Australia
(b) Please note that this Express Warranty excludes expenses incurred by you in returning any faulty product to us. You must arrange and pay any expenses incurred (including postage, delivery, freight, transportation or insurance of the product) to return the faulty product to us, however, we will arrange delivery of the repaired or replaced faulty product to you.
Important Information – Repair Notice
Please be aware that the repair of your goods may result in the loss of any user-generated data (such as stored telephone numbers, text messages and contact information). Please ensure that you have made a copy of any data saved on your goods before sending for repair. Please also be aware that goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods or parts of the same type rather than being repaired.