- 2 Watt transmit power
- 80 channels+
- 38 CTCSS & 83 DCS codes
- Duplex (Range extender)
- Backlit display
- Dual channel monitor
- Channel busy indicator
- Channel scan
- Automatic squelch control
- Keypad lock
- Hands-free (VOX) capable
- Call tone alert
UHF2185 Hand-Held UHF CB Radio
Whether you're off road, camping, fishing or working around the construction site, this durable 2 watt hand-held radio is the perfect way to keep in touch with those around you.
Pack includes 2 UHF radios, AC adaptor, belt clips and rechargeable batteries. Get up to 10km range with these units.
Out of stockWhere to buy
Q. How do I install the batteries?
A. Observe the proper battery polarity orientation when installing batteries. Incorrect positioning can damage both the batteries and the unit.
1. Slide down the Battery Compartment Cover.
2. Install the rechargeable batteries (supplied) by following the orientation.
3. Replace the Battery Compartment Cover.
NOTE: You can use Alkaline batteries if required, however YOU MUST NOT CHARGE THE RADIOS WITH ALKALINE BATTERIES INSERTED as this will damage the radio.
Q. How do I conserve battery life?
A. Your radio has a built-in power saver to make the batteries last longer. But when you are not using the units, turn them OFF to conserve battery power.
Q. How do I turn the radio on?
A. To Turn ON; a. Rotate the POWER/VOL button clockwise until the LCD screen turns ON and displays the current channel. To switch OFF; b. Rotate the POWER/VOL button counter clockwise until the LCD screen turns blank. Note: Every time you rotate the Power/Vol button to turn ON, the volume will also open. The volume level will increase or decrease by rotating the Power/Vol button.
Q. How do I change channels on this unit?
A. The UHF2185 has 80 available channels, to communicate with other radio’s, it must have your radio tuned to the same channel.
1. Press the MENU button once, the current channel number flashes on the LCD Screen.
2. Press the UP or DOWN button to select the desired channel. The channel changes from 1 to 80, or vice versa.
3. Press the PTT button to confirm the channel setting.
Q. How do I transmit over the radio?
A. The unit is continuously in the Receive mode when the unit is turned ON and not transmitting. When a signal is received on the current channel, “RX” icon will be displayed on the LCD screen and the receiver LED will light up. a. Press and hold the PTT (push to talk) button to transmit your voice. “TX” icon will be displayed on the LCD Screen. b. Hold the unit in a vertical position with the MIC (Microphone) 5 cm away from the mouth. While holding the PTT button, speak into the MIC (microphone) in a normal tone of voice. c. Release the PTT button when you have finished transmitting.
Q. How do I activate the channel scan?
A. Channel scan perform searches for active signals in an endless loop for all 80 channels, 38 CTCSS codes and all 83 DCS codes.
1. Press the MENU button 5 times, “SCAN” icon will display on LCD screen.
2. Press the UP or DOWN button to begin scanning channels when an active signal is detected, channel scan pauses on the active channel.
3. Press the MENU button six times, CTCSS flashes on the LCD screen press the UP or DOWN button to begin scanning the CTCSS from 1-38.
4. Press the MENU button seven times, DCS flashes on the LCD screen. Press the UP or DOWN button to begin scanning DCS code 1-83.
5. Press the PTT button to confirm your setting.
Q. How do I activate the key lock?
A. The Key Lock feature allows the user to disable the UP, DOWN and MENU buttons so that the UHF2185 settings could not be changed accidentally. a. To activate the key Lock feature, press and hold the MENU button until key lock “KEY” icon appears on the LCD Screen. b. To deactivate the key Lock feature, press and hold the MENU button until key lock “KEY” icon disappears on the LCD Screen. Note: The PTT, and CALL buttons will remain functional even if the Key Lock feature is activated.