- Compact & light weight
- 80 Narrowband channels*
- Range up to 3km*
- Call tone alert
- Volume control
- Roger beep confirmation tone
- Power save mode
- Belt clips included
- Each radio requires 3 x AAA alkaline batteries (not supplied)
PMR780BL Handheld UHF CB Radio
Exclusive to Repco
Stay in touch with family and friends for free with the PMR780BL UHF2-Way Radio. The compact design ensures that you can keep in touch in and around the home, camp site or while out enjoying leisure activities.
Perfect for the first time user or the outdoors family, this Walkie-Talkie delivers exceptional voice quality and a range of up to 3km. It can be slipped into your pocket or clipped onto your belt making it the ideal solution to your active communication needs
Q. Why does the PMR780 not stay on the same channel it was on when I turned it off?
A. The PMR780 is our economy model and does not have any non-volatile memory to retain the last settings, it will return to its default channel each time it is turned on.
Q. When I am transmitting on my radio, why can’t the other party can’t hear me?
A. If you are using channels 1 to 8 or 41 to 48 you could be transmitting in Duplex mode, turn DPX off or move to another channel.
Q. How do I install the batteries?
A. Slide down the battery compartment cover. Insert the 3xAAA batteries (not supplied). Position the batteries according to the polarity marking on the battery compartment. Replace the battery cover.
– Use only same type and make of batteries in the unit.
– The radios have a built-in Power Saver mode (PS) for maximum battery life, but when not in use, turn the units OFF to save battery power
– Remove the batteries if the units will not be used for a long period of time
Q. How do I turn the radio on?
A. To Turn ON; Press and hold the (Power) button. A “beep” sound will be heard. The LCD screen will display Channel 12. To switch OFF; Press and hold the (Power) button. A “beep” sound will be heard and the LCD screen will turn blank.
Q. How do I adjust the volume level?
A. There are 8 volume levels, the current speaker volume level is displayed on the LCD screen. To adjust the speaker volume level, press the (UP) button to increase, or press the (DOWN) button to decrease. The LCD screen will display the speaker volume icon bars ascending or descending respectively.
Q. How do I change channels?
A. The PMR780 has 80 available channels, to communicate with other radio’s, you must have your radio tuned to the same channel.
1. Press the (Menu) button, the channel icon “1 ” on the LCD screen will start blinking.
2. While the Channel icon is blinking, press the (UP) or (DOWN) button to select the desired channel. The channel changes from 1 to 80, or vice versa. 3. Press the (Menu) button to confirm your settings the display will return to standby mode or, if no action is taken the display will return to standby mode after 3 to 4 seconds.
Note: When the radio is turned off and back on it will always return to channel 12.
Q. How does the transmit and receive work on this radio?
A. The PMR780 transmission is simplex “one way-at-a-time.” While you are speaking, you cannot receive a transmission. The PMR780 is an open-license band. Always identify yourself when transmitting on the same channel.
IMPORTANT: Before transmitting on a UHF channel listen to ensure it is not already in use. Transmitting (sending speech) The unit is continuously in the Receive mode when the unit is turned ON and not transmitting. When a signal is received on the current channel, “RX” icon will be displayed on the LCD screen.
1. Press and hold the PTT (Push to Talk) button to transmit your voice. The transmit signal icon “TX” will display on the LCD screen.
2. Hold the unit in a vertical position with the Mic (Microphone) 5 cm away from the mouth. While holding the PTT button, speak into the microphone in a normal tone of voice.
3. Release the PTT button when you have finished transmitting.
Important: In order for other people to receive your transmission, they must also be on the same channel that you are currently using. Refer to the “Changing Channel” section for more information. When the PTT and/or CALL buttons are continuously pressed, your Radio cannot receive any transmissions.
Q. Is this radio suitable for use outside of Australia?
A. All Oricom products are approved for use in Australia and NZ only, and although they will still work in other countries, they may not meet that countries requirement’s for voltage, operating frequencies or power RF levels and if used may interfere with other services which could attract penalties from the local administration authorities.