- Range up to 7km*
- 80 Channels+
- 38 CTCSS & 83 DCS codes
- Backlit display
- Dual channel monitor
- Channel busy indicator
- Channel scan
- Automatic squelch control
- Duplex (Range extender)
- Keypad lock
- Hands-free (VOX) capable
- Call tone alert
PMR1285 Handheld UHF CB Radio
The PMR1285 UHF CB hand held radios are durable 2-way radios delivering up to 7km range, perfect for the outdoor enthusiast or tradesman.
Out of stockWhere to buy
Q. How do I install the battery pack?
A. Observe the proper battery polarity orientation when installing batteries. Incorrect positioning can damage both the batteries and the unit.
1. Slide down the Battery Compartment Cover.
2. Install the Rechargeable Battery pack or Alkaline batteries by following the orientation (the battery pack is clearly marked to show which side up .)
3. Replace the Battery Compartment Cover.
Q. Can I disassemble the battery pack?
A. Do not disassemble the battery pack.
Q. How do I charge the battery pack?
A. 1. Lift the charge socket cover located on the right side of the handset. Insert the round connector of the 9.0V DC/200mA adaptor into the charge jack.
2. Plug the mains adaptor into a 240V AC, 50Hz main socket with the switch on the socket set to OFF.
3. Switch ON the main socket. The radio must be charged using the mains adaptor provided. Using any other adaptor will invalidate any approvals & warranty.
4. The Charge LED indicators will light up.
5. It takes about 10 hours to fully recharge the battery pack if the battery pack is completely run down. A new battery will take up to 14 hours to fully charge.
Important: Always turn off the radio units when charging. This will shorten the charging time.
Q. How do I conserve battery power?
A. Your radio has a built-in power saver to make the battery pack last longer. But when you are not using the units, turn them OFF to conserve battery power.
Q. What is the transmitting range of this radio?
A. The talk range depends on the environment and terrain. The radio can reach (up to about 7km) in wide open spaces, without obstructions such as hills or buildings. Don’t try to use two radio units which are less than 1.5m (5 feet) apart. Otherwise, you may experience interference. Talk range depends on the terrain. It will be affected by concrete structures, heavy foliage and by operating radios indoors or in vehicles.
Q. How do I turn the radio on?
A. To Turn ON; a. Press and hold the POWER button until the LCD screen turns ON and displays the current channel. To switch OFF; b. Press and hold the POWER button until the LCD screen turns blank.
Q. How do I change channels on the radio?
A. The PMR1285 has 80 available channels, to communicate with other radio’s, it must have your radio tuned to the same channel.
1. Press the MENU button once, the current channel number flashes on the LCD Screen.
2. Press the UP or DOWN button to select the desired channel. The channel changes from 1 to 80, or vice versa.
3. Press the PTT button to confirm the channel setting.
Q. How do I transmit on this radio?
A. The unit is continuously in the Receive mode when the unit is turned ON and not transmitting. When a signal is received on the current channel, “RX” icon will be displayed on the LCD screen and the receiver LED will light up. a. Press and hold the PTT (push to talk) button to transmit your voice. “TX” icon will be displayed on the LCD Screen. b. Hold the unit in a vertical position with the MIC (Microphone) 5 cm away from the mouth. While holding the PTT button, speak into the MIC (microphone) in a normal tone of voice. c. Release the PTT button when you have finished transmitting.
Q. How do I activate the key lock?
A. The Key Lock feature allows the user to disable the UP, DOWN and MENU buttons so that the PMR1285 settings could not be changed accidentally. a. To activate the key Lock feature, press and hold the MENU button until key lock “KEY” icon appears on the LCD Screen. b. To deactivate the key Lock feature, press and hold the MENU button until key lock “KEY” icon disappears on the LCD Screen. Note: The PTT, and CALL buttons will remain functional even if the Key Lock feature is activated.